Due to COVID-19, this class will be held virtually.
What’s up awesome people! Thanks for your interest in joining us in this Virtual Class Instructor Lead Professional Scrum with UX class. Wow that is quite a mouthful isn’t it? :)
Anyway, due to the current condition out there, many of us are forced by the situation to do many of our activities at home. Many people have requested me to facilitate a Professional Scrum with UX class virtually. So in this class I will deliver a standard Scrum.org PSU material but I have adapted for online delivery so the value of collaborative learning is still optimal. I am here to support your learning journey to integrate UX process into Scrum.
What makes this class different to offline PSU training?
- The class will be facilitated in three days starting from Tuesday - Thursday.
- But we will not spend the whole 8 hours in front of our monitor. That is going to be tiring for sure. So the schedule will be from 10:00-15:00 GMT+8. Please take note of the timezone.
- We will have one long break in between the scheduled timing for around 45 minutes. Some of you may need to have lunch or take a loot at the sun and get some fresh air. We will also have some ad-hoc short breaks to stretch our body for 10 minutes depending on the group agreement.
- This class is limited to 6 participants so that all of us will get optimal learning out of it. I want to ensure that each and one of you are engaged throughout the course.
What I promise you
- Two way discussions and maximising collective intelligence and not only presenting slides like many online training available in the market. Yes, I will make you busy throughout the three days course. There will be many group exercises.
- Practical experience and knowledge from me. You can pick my brain. I have been a Professional Scrum Trainer for almost a decade and I have worked with many teams remotely from South East Asia and still am. You will not get this with online trainings from Udemy or Coursera.
- The most awesome quality virtual training. I have invested in the best hardware and software found in the market to ensure that everyone who will be participating will get the best experience from this virtual class. I believe in professionalism.
- The learning still continues after the class is over. We will still connect and support with each other not only to get through the current situation but also to be an awesome UX professional via Slack.
- If you are interested in joining us in this awesome virtual training experience, please register yourself using the registration form.
- I will then send you the link to make a payment using credit card.
- Once you have made the payment, I will then send you the confirmation e-mail confirming your slot for the class.
- You will be invited to join the class Slack group so that I can brief you and other participants about the tools that will be used during the training and also some videos you need to watch prior to attending the class so that you can be prepared.
- I hope this is clear enough explanation for you. But feel free to contact me if there are anything missing or if there are things that makes you doubtful or concerned. Looking forward to interact with you in one of my virtual classes. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Bridging the Gap Between Scrum, UX and Design Practices
Professional Scrum with User ExperienceTM (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices, (UX is more than UI) into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams. Design work can sometimes feel slow, and not well suited to quick agile cadences and Scrum events, but that isn’t the case. Learn UX techniques that fit beautifully into Scrum, and practice these techniques with cross-functional teams in class. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum with User Experience I certification assessment (PSU I)**.
What You Will Learn
Over the 2 days, students will learn UX techniques that work most effectively with Scrum Teams. In addition, you will learn practical tools and practices to best work with customers and their feedback to deliver higher value in the customer’s eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum.
Students will leave the class understanding how to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of “Done”, Backlog prioritization and delivering “Done” Increments every Sprint. You will learn how to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum.
Professional Scrum with User Experience is an excellent training for everyone who works on a product team (engineers, product managers, etc): technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.
Students will leave the class understanding:
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of “Done” is in a world of continuous learning
- How UX can inform better development decisions
- Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
- Framing work as problems to solve
- Outcomes over outputs
- Managing UX work in Scrum
- Focus on users
Professional Scrum with User eXperience (PSU) Certification
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) assessment. The industry-recognized PSU I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSU class participants who attempt the PSU I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.
- Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams . This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver “Done” product each Sprint.
- People who know UX will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum, managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog. Sometimes, working in agile contexts. Learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users.
- Anyone involved in the delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties. But different priorities, types of work, and the specific working rhythms of each discipline can create silos on teams and inside organizations. Learn how to use the Scrum framework and UX techniques to align your team, focus on value, and foster collaboration.